On October 13th, I will be publishing my review of Xan West’s collection of erotica stories, Show Yourself to Me: Queer Kink Erotica, as part of Xan’s 31-stop book release blog tour.
In Show Yourself to Me: Queer Kink Erotica, Xan West introduces us to pretty boys and nervous boys, vulnerable tops and dominant sadists, good girls and fierce girls and scared little girls, mean Daddies and loving Daddies and Daddies that are terrifying in delicious ways.
Submissive queers go to alleys to suck cock, get bent over the bathroom sink by a handsome stranger, choose to face their fears, have their Daddy orchestrate a gang bang in the park, and get their dream gender-play scene—tied to a sling in an accessible dungeon.
Dominants find hope and take risks, fall hard and push edges, get fucked and devour the fear and tears that their sadist hearts desire.
Within these 24 stories, you will meet queers who build community together, who are careful about how they play with power, who care deeply about consent. You will meet trans and genderqueer folks who are hot for each other, who mentor each other, who do the kind of gender play that is only possible with other trans and genderqueer folks.
This is Show Yourself to Me. Get ready for a very wild ride.
Author Xan West is the nom de plume of Corey Alexander, a recent transplant to Oakland from Brooklyn, who has been doing community kink education for over ten years. Xan has been published in over 35 erotica anthologies, including the Best S/M Erotica series, the Best Gay Erotica series, and the Best Lesbian Erotica series. Xan’s story “First Time Since,” won honorable mention for the 2008 National Leather Association John Preston Short Fiction Award. Xan’s work has been described by reviewers as “offering the erotica equivalent of happy ever after” and as “some of the best transgressive erotic fiction to come along in recent years.”
Xan refuses pronouns, twists barbed wire together with yearning, and tilts pain in many directions to catch the light. Xan adores vulnerable tops; strong, supportive bottoms; red meat; long winding conversations about power, privilege, and community; showtunes; and cool, dark, quiet rooms with comfortable beds. Find Xan’s thoughts about the praxis of sex, kink, queerness, power, and writing at xanwest.wordpress.com.
The full schedule of stops on the book release blog tour are:
- October 1: Xan West https://xanwest.wordpress.com/
- October 2: Book Birthday! Go Deeper Press http://godeeperpress.com/
- October 3: Heather Elizabeth https://kinkopedia.wordpress.com/
- October 4: Sinclair Sexsmith http://www.sugarbutch.net/
- October 5: Hermia Swann http://www.cuntext.com/
- October 6: Dilo Keith https://dilokeith.wordpress.com/ and Cecilia Tan http://blog.ceciliatan.com/
- October 7: Kinky Brits http://thekinkybrits.com/
- October 8: Stella Harris http://stellaharris.net/
- October 9: F. Leonora Solomon https://fdotleonora.wordpress.com/
- October 10: Tasha Harrison http://tashalharrison.com/
- October 11: Benji Bright http://www.theeroticledger.com/
- October 12: Tamsin Flowers http://tamsinflowers.com/ and Karida http://submissionandthecity.com/
- October 13: Cassandra Perry https://connectwithcaz.com/
- October 14: Peep Scoop http://www.peepscoop.com/ and Radical Access Mapping Project https://radicalaccessiblecommunities.wordpress.com/
- October 15: Sugar Cunt http://www.sugarcuntwrites.com/
- October 16: Emily Byrne http://writeremilylbyrne.blogspot.com/
- October 17: Oleander Plume http://poisonpendirtymind.com/
- October 18: K. A. Smith https://authorka.wordpress.com/
- October 19: Giselle Renarde http://donutsdesires.blogspot.com/
- October 20: Butchtastic Kyle http://www.butchtastic.net/
- October 21: Lisabet Sarai http://lisabetsarai.blogspot.com/
- October 22: Syrens https://syrens.wordpress.com/
- October 23: Anna Sky http://www.iamannasky.com/
- October 24: Jade A. Waters http://jadeawaters.com/
- October 25: Ashley Young https://indigostheory.
- October 26: Rebekah Weatherspoon http://www.rebekahweatherspoon.com/
- October 27: Malin James http://malinjames.com/
- October 28: BD Swain http://www.bdswain.com/ and Jillian Boyd http://jillianboydauthor.wordpress.com/
- October 29: Kaleigh Trace http://thefuckingfacts.com/
- October 30: Kiki DeLovely https://kikidelovely.wordpress.com/
- October 31: Xan West https://xanwest.wordpress.com/ and Annabeth Leong http://annabetherotica.com/